Have you heard, the story of Favorite Indian Food? Interesting to know about Indian Food!
Updated: Jul 6, 2020
It's a sad story
I am not counted among that hardcore non-vegetarian You may have tried all sorts of delicious #food from all across the world. But, if you are a true Indian nothing can be better than an #IndianRecipe especially if it directly comes from your #motherskitchen. From curries to parathas or #biryani every dish is prepared with different ingredients and of course with different techniques of cooking.
#India is a land of different cultures and religions. This diversity is beautifully reflected in the #food of this country. Each state in #India comes with its unique ingredients and flavor.
Today we are going to explore the recipe of one of our famous Desi dishes. Let's take a look!
The story of Butter chicken starts in the capital city of India, Delhi. During the old days of the 1950's when the streets of Delhi
Butter Chicken recipe - the Grandma style.
· Chicken - 1 kilogram
· Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
· Coriander seeds - 2 teaspoon
· Sliced green chili - 5
· Butter - 500 gram
· Kasoori Methi (Fenugreek) powder - 11/2 teaspoon
· Fenugreek leaves - 4 handfuls dried and crushed
· Refined oil - 2 tablespoon
· Chopped onion - 2
· Bay leaf - 2
· Salt - 2 teaspoon
· Pureed Tomato - 6
· Ground cinnamon - 2
· Clove - 4
· Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Ingredients needed for marinating
· Onion paste - 2 teaspoon
· Yogurt - 1/2 cup
· Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
· Green cardamom - 3
· Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
· Mace powder - 1 teaspoon
· Black cardamom - 2
· Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Ingredients needed for Garnishing
· Fresh cream - 3 tablespoon
· Coriander leave
The recipe of #ButterChicken
· Take a big bowl. Then you have to mix these ingredients properly which include yogurt, green chilies, onion paste, a paste of ginger-garlic, salt, sugar, black cardamoms, green cardamoms, and mace powder.
· Then you have mix chicken pieces well. Keep them overnight to marinate. When it's well marinated, you have to start roasting it in an oven. Keep in mind that only 3/4th should be done.
· After that take a small amount of butter and heat it in a pan. Then add cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon, coriander seeds (crushed), and red chilies.
· After 30 seconds you can add red chili powder, onion, Kasoori Methi (Fenugreek) powder, tomatoes, and coriander powder. After 5 minutes when it's done, you have to make this mixture a puree. You can take the help of a blender.
· Now start heating the rest butter in that pan. After that, you have to add that pureed mixture to boil it. Then add those pieces of marinated chicken along with fresh cream and salt. Mix them well.
· If the consistency becomes too thick, you can directly pour some water. After that, you have to add fenugreek leaves (crushed) and sliced green chilies. After a few minutes make it full boil.
· When it's done, you can garnish this dish with cream and coriander leaves.
Now, serve this delicious #homemade butter chicken and impress your guests and family members.