A day's trip to Dalai Lama’s birthplace, Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh. | Places to visit in India.
Updated: Jan 16, 2019
Have you ever visited Dalai Lama’s birthplace Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh? Read everything you need to know before you plan to visit Dalai Lama’s birthplace, Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
The country of Dalai Lama, Tawang is situated at the top of 3048 meters. Here you will find many monasteries among which Tawang monastery is the most famous one. This is one of the sacred places for the Buddhists. People also recognize this place as Dawang. You will encounter Buddhist monks here to which enhances the significance of this area. The combination of natural beauty and spirituality make this an unusual place to visit. If you are in Tawang, don’t forget to visit Tipi Orchid Sanctuary. Also, indulge yourself in the unit cuisine of this area.
Most visited places in Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh
• Tawang Monastery – It is the largest Monastery in India and second largest of the world.
• Nuranang Falls – One of th most famous waterfall in the northern part of India.
• Tawang War Memorial – Have you heard of Indian-Sino? The memorial is dedicated to the brave soldier who lost their life in Indian-Sino war in 1962.
• Sela Pass – It is one of the highest altitude mountain pass at 4179 m from sea level, located between Tawang and west Kamneg District of Arunachal Pradesh India.
• Gorichen Peak – One of the best peak to conquer with height of 6858 m.
• Jaswant Garh – Dedicated to the one of the bravest soldiers of Indian army during Indian-Sino war.
• P.T. T so Lake – The lake is calm enough for you to hear your breadth with a mesmerizing landscape.
The best time to visit Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh
You can visit this place between March to October as this time here you can feel comfortable temperature.
The nearest railway station and airport to Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh
The nearest airport is Salonibari Airport, and the nearest railway station is Tezpur Railway Station.
Map from nearest railway station to Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh